Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Jerusalem


Evan plays for too many rock bands, jazz quartets and even a salsa merengue band that I shall not attempt to mention them by name. However, next to his own brain child Tacks, My Jerusalem is the most serious one, and also the most currently active. Being the piano virtuoso that he is, of course he plays guitar in this one. (and sings!) The front man is our own "Unkie" Jeff Klein, whom I have been having adventures with for about as long as I have lived in Austin. Stay tuned for a cooking segment featuring him and some gruff italian magic, though he's actually a big ole Jew. Ruby and Jesse adore him and we are his fake family here in town. I barely even mind when he steals Evan away on tour for weeks at a time...Sort of.

They are leaving for Berlin in two days to spread some Texas rock on the ears of Austria, Switzerland, Amsterdam and London. If you know where my house is, you are invited to come over at any time in the next two weeks to alleviate my frustration with only baby style conversation. "Need apple juice Mommy!"

Most people think a European rock tour is like this:



In reality, it's a whole lotta this:



Rock their socks off boys(and Ashley), come home safe, and bring me a present.












No comments: