Monday, August 22, 2011

Milan and Via Audio





My Jerusalem and Evan have been in Udine, Italy for a couple of days, swimming in the Mediterranean, eating gelato, and trying not to spend all of their worthless american dollars. Today we skyped him in Milan and caught him up on all the excitement he's been missing at home.

"Well, Ruby and I had a fight over breakfast because I wanted to watch Michael Jackson videos and she wanted to watch cat videos on Daddy's laptop that he left behind. Jungleman now climbs furniture and heaves gritty handfuls of plant dirt across my clean floor. We went swimming. Again. I mopped the floor. K'...that's about it."

I will post too many pictures of last week's adventures tomorrow, promise. Grandmas.

I think I've decided to start a new feature, band of the week! My brother is forever asking me for fresh music and I think I shall oblige him and anyone else who has thirsty ears.

The album we've been dancing to all week is 'Animalore' by Via Audio. They are friends of Evan's and hail from Brooklyn and I love their irreverent myriad of styles and pretty sounds. They've played at Club DeVille during South by Southwest but it has been way too long since I've seen them live.

Here is a video of a song called 'Presents' which is from an older album, but I couldn't help it! This one makes me laugh every time.



No comments: