Saturday, August 20, 2011

7 Days of Style








So Evan is in Italy. Shut up Evan! With your italian hotel and italian too busy to tell me about all the awesome italian...stuff. In other news, I'm trying not to feel resentful that my husband is traipsing the globe, sipping espresso from tiny cups and rocking out to hordes of bronzed foreign beauties while I am slinging tepid lonestars to to the 1am crowd on Red River and changing a dozen diapers a day. Did I mention it was 107 degrees today? Jesse burned himself on a drinking fountain at the playground, so we went home and dunked ourselves in hose water.

I was being slightly theatrical there, I'm actually too occupied to feel resentful. Today we brought pho noodle soup to the lovely family Vaclav* and got to snuggle new baby Maggie and play with sweet Marik** and learn our names in sign language. Heidi and I cooked alfredo gnocchi with (turkey)bacon and broccoli and stayed in, sipping modelos and watching the new Matt Damon movie Adjustment Bureau, the best mix of sentiment, intrigue, sci-fi and kiss power that I've seen in years. They also sprint through New York. A lot. Nine thumbs up.

Last night at work a band called Schmillion made up of 4 teen girls and a drummer made us all feel really old with their boundless energy and epic stage posturing. I'm not even sure if they were any good, they were loud? and all I could think about was what I was doing at the age of 17 on a Friday night, which was quite a bit less sparkly miniskirt and a whole lot more wondering whether Anne Shirley would EVER let Gilbert Blythe kiss her already.

I will leave you with seven days of Ruby Style for your fashion enjoyment.


*J Vaclav photography here
**give a gift to Marik here

No comments: