Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My date with Ruby


Naptime. Gorgeous weather. Jungleman slumbering. Ruby picked the exact right moment to suggest "We can go for a walk? Adventure, Mommy!" How could I refuse? I caved like a poorly executed souffle, and I loved every second.

So, the nap skipping minx and I pumped up the tires of the off-roading wagon barrow and trotted off to the coffee shop.

We scoffed at the traditional lunch menu and instead chose a chocolate mint truffle, giant cookie and draught porter. Daytime decadence! We admired this month's art installment, tried out every seat in the house like a couple of silly Goldilox and Ruby snapped many photos of me and her glass of water.

We wandered leisurely back home and hopped in the car to go treasure hunting at the thrift store. We scored orange things, a dress for me, a hat for her, and a leather jacket to sacrifice to my scissors for a special christmas dolly.

Verdict? Highly successful small adventuring and I look forward to having more naughty bonding dates with my sweet intelligent little miss in the years to come. Chocolate for lunch? I guess I'm either the worst mommy....or the BEST MOMMY EVER.








No comments: