Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mazzy's Holiday
















Our sweet friend Mazzy was born on October 31st, (and Elise!) and being a holiday baby myself (Christmas) I know how it feels to have your one day of the year overshadowed by holiday nonsense.

Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to declare the last day of October re-appropriated to be the national celebration of Mazzy and Elise's birth! There shall be feasting, dancing, music, sweetmeats, presents, and fantasy. Let this new holiday celebrate life and family and the glory it is to be a girl. WE ARE TO PARTY.

Mazzy's party was actually held on the 30th this year, and we drove out to Manchaca, Tx dressed as a monkey, a pachyderm, Mami-Poppins, and a umm....monkey wrangler.

It is so great to still know people that I've known since I was fifteen, though I only see them about once a year. They know me better than most of my "closer" friends, just because they've seen so many different manifestations of myself. Waif hippie Shayla, Gypsy carnie Shayla, Globe trotter Shayla, Waitress Shayla, Mountain girl Shayla, Set dresser Shayla, Bartender Shayla, Artist Shayla, Wife Shayla, Mommy Shayla.

(Those last two are my favorite)


It is even greater to watch our offspring interacting joyfully and wondering "Will they stay friends their whole life like we have?? Will they smoke cappuccino flavored pipe tobacco in the woods while sharing a chocolate orange and playing Neil Young guitar songs and thinking deep teen thoughts? Will they be roommates, bandmates, bestmates?"

One could waste a jolly good week thinking pleasant thoughts like those, best shake it off and just watch.












No comments: