Monday, December 5, 2011

Mommy's day out




















I never put any photo proof of the escape from mommyhood day that I had when Evan took the babies to Houston, it really did happen. We joined Pops at the swanky Driskill for brunch, then they all drove away.

Woohoo! I felt like William Wallace in Braveheart and wanted to paint my face fiercely blue and howl "FREEDOM!" but instead I called my Miranda- visiting from New York and swung by to get Jeff and we drank too much coffee, drove around town waiting for our favorite food trailer to open, took pictures of Miranda's old building destined for demolition, and sat on at least ten different patios absorbing vitamin D, caffeine, salsa, tacos, tecates, and the joy of a completely unproductive day.

We attempted to visit the East Austin Studio tour but got there just as they were closing up, ran into good friends at The Grackle and then alas, I had to go to work. Luckily, my job often feels like a party, so I rode my fake vacation all the way through 'til the next day and slept in like a slothful princess. (my first night without babies EVER)




No comments: