Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Phone Home Phashion

My friend Felicia told me how she was playing pool with a boy the other day and they felt foolish because they were wearing the same outfit, a red hoodie and blue jeans. That's funny, I thought. I wear that all the time too. It's my neutral outfit. If I don't have on an "ensemble" or pajamas my default is the same. Red hoodie. Blue jeans.

Wait! So does Miranda. So do a whole lot of my friends...weird. Are we so uncreative that we mimic each other? Absolutely not. I pretty much only hang out with actors, artists, musicians and writers. Then it hit me. We are all in our thirties and we all were at a very impressionable age when the blockbuster hit of the decade was released...you guessed it. E.T.

When we don our perfect red hoodies and wonderfully broken-in levis what we are actually subconsciously saying is "Today I will eat reeses pieces, have a meaningful connection with a stranger, and ride a flying bicycle off a cliff while being pursued by police."






No comments: