Friday, November 25, 2011

Jeep Girl



I am a Jeep girl. 5 out of 6 of the vehicles I've owned in my life have been Cherokees, and I've just gotten rid of my last one. (I sold it to dear Alex though, I mean, wouldn't you? Look at that beard! It would look smashing flying out the window of a beefy 4x4)

It was bittersweet to part with it because it was the last car I owned as a single lady and it is kind of our Storms heritage- see photos of baby Ruby and my dad tearing around the Rockies.















Now I share and drive family vehicles with Evan. Safe, reliable, vanilla cars full of child seats, coloring books and stray cheerios.

Thanks for all the adventures, you dead and adopted Jeeps!
Jeep#1: drove up a guy wire (when I was 16) of some power lines and flipped. No one was hurt but Elise's hair flew out the window and the jeep landed on it, upside down. Rookie mistake. Totaled.
Jeep#2, overheated on the way to my out-of-state college. Totaled. No car for this coed. Hippie boyfriend with Jetta.
Jeep#3, flipped. Again. Fire-breathing carnie tattoo-artist boyfriend doing doughnuts in a rainstorm. Totaled. Boyfriend dumped.
Jeep#4 sold to highschool boy who would fix it up due to constant and costly mechanical nonsense.
Jeep#5 sold to Alex the Conqueror due to too many cars in the driveway. I just hope his hot wife isn't mad that I sent over a not-so-cute 1991 man machine to be parked in front of her house... Sorry Lela. not really.



2 comments:

Lela said...

I forgive you. ;)

Shayla said...

Thank you. Just don't sell your giant dog to MY husband...