Monday, May 28, 2012

Water: the social equalizer and beauty maker


Ahh, it's here. It has become so sweltering that the kids can't even jump on the trampoline without scorching their toes and so the whole town of Austin becomes merfolk, dropping all pretense of fashion and sports we flock to the various watering holes like so many savannah creatures. The lions and gazelles temporarily side by side eden-like in their mutual thirst, we bathe alongside the weary homeless and secret millionaires, everyone stripping off their titles along with their clothes.

Most of my brain is occupied by life's daily tasks and being present with my children, but the rest of it lives underwater. I've always been slightly obsessed with aqua photography and art in general. Even our engagement photos were taken in a pool with all of our clothes on, and remain my favorite pictures of the two of us. (I'm saving them for our anniversary post) Just look at what lovely images can be found when you simply search "girl underwater". I hope you enjoy this sea soaked feast for your eyes and that it inspires you to go find the nearest dippin' place in which to quiet your thoughts.


















No comments: