Monday, May 7, 2012

'Postcard From 1952' New music video by Explosions in the Sky starring...Us



It's finally done. We've been waiting to see the finished version and to share with our friends this beautiful tiny film. The band: Explosions in the Sky (a wonderful Texas band). Directors Annie Gunn and Peter Simonite.

This project is close to my heart because Annie is an old friend of mine (who actually was the photographer at my wedding), Peter is her mega talented and kind sweetheart, our fake family Ryan (Wolfie) Hall and Kathleen the Fashion Queen are the kissing couple, Evan (my husband, Tacks the Boy Disaster) has a short cameo on the piano, Rachael Morgan did the 1950s makeup (she married my old high school chum AND did my hair in my wedding, and Ruby's first haircut) her handsome son Memphis plays the boy in the coonskin cap and of course, Ruby and I are the bubble girl and mom. (Jesse missed his chance at stardom when we had to leave set for naptime)

Aside from being surrounded by my favorite people, I am completely honored to be part of something so well done and gorgeous. The song is epic, the lighting dreamy, the period costumes and set impeccable. I cried the first time I saw it and I hope you thoroughly enjoy the the next 7:06 minutes of your life.

Wolfie on kissing his hot girlfriend: "IT WAS SO HARD BUT I THINK I DID AWESOME"

Here is a short article about it. 
(the video, not kissing)



Still from video of Ruby about to catch a bubble

original inspiration for Ruby's character



inspiration for Wolfie and Kathleen


No comments: