Saturday, May 26, 2012

Disapproovy Ruvy


Hello blog! No, I'm not breaking up with you. I'm preoccupied. I'll get back to my regularly scheduled content of the Ruby and Jesse fan club/caffeine fueled digressions post haste. In the meantime I will punish myself with this large picture of disapproving Baby Ruby.

Today Evan and Ruby hiked down to the river for a swim and my daughter caught her first whiff of hairy people "blowing fire"-that was unrelated to tobacco, Evan dismissing it as burning plants and Ruby declaring that it "smellt good!" Sheesh.

Myself? I've been shirking housework, learning about bull riding culture, nursing sick babies and working on some fanciful headgear for Jesse's upcoming birthday. I also am hatching plans for a mommy-made Flashdance doll with a zippered stomach. The contents? Felt roach, felt bird, felt lizard, felt mouse.

Jesse is talking like a madman. No really, he sounds crazy and we can't understand him. He's getting better, but when he repeats the same nonsense word fifteen times with increasing desperation I start just wildly guessing. Are you hungry? Did Ruby hit you? Are you looking for the green car? Clean diaper? Then I break down, snatch him up and walk around until he points at something. It's like a really sad and cute game. Stop LOOKING at me like that Baby Ruby!

No comments: