Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dara Showers























I spent all afternoon with the lovely Green Clean Bicycle Queen today. We descended upon Dara's baby nest to scour, vacuum and destroy trespassing dust bunnies before she has a home birth. Her due date is in two days!

If you had told me 15 years ago I would be standing between these two preggo girls, with my own two babies running circles around my legs I would've thought you were smoking crack and told you to go back to your home on Crack Island.

Look at us actin' all growdy upped! Elise and I (mostly Elise) made pots and pots full of steaming spiced vegan indian dishes, (indian food does NOT photograph well, think morning cat yarp) I made "shabby chic" decorations out of shredded vintage sheets and cardboard, the babies had a swim in a sea of pastel tissue paper, we hand painted some onesies and made sure to fill our hug tanks to the brim.

Elise welcomed baby Simon to the world last week and the daily pictures are making me swoon. I can't wait to meet Dara's mystery darling and to see her become a member of the best club ever. MOMMY CLUB! Where you live on baby kisses instead of sleep and develop ninja reflexes while making the perfect omelette.

Elise and Dara, if we were rats, I would give you my chocolate chips.

No comments: