Thursday, January 5, 2012

Update





Camera is still out of commission, so here are a couple of the monsters on set of the Explosions in the Sky video shoot (not in costume) from Evan's ipod. I can't wait to see how that turns out. It's probably just as well that I can't take pictures of them right now, for due to a face plant by Jesse and a well-aimed wooden car they both have varying degrees of scabbed over fat lip. Looks like I feed them knuckle sandwiches for breakfast.

Some short movie reviews!
The Hangover 2- Depraved. I laughed, but mostly in horror. I liked the solving of a mystery aspect but I wouldn't want to watch it more than once, to keep certain images out of my subconscious.

Mr. Poppers Penguins- Forgettable. I liked this book when I was a kid and the scenes where he turns his apartment into an ice skating slide-y wonderland are pretty cool, but despite a couple redeeming sweetheart scenes between Jim Carey and adorable ex-wife the plot was paper thin and kinda blah. Too many business meetings to keep my kids interested and too cheesy to keep me happy.

There is so much talk of the shortcomings of Austin Police Department this week. My friend Antonio had an unpleasant run-in with some aggressive ones on NYE and a friend of a friend, Esme Barerra might still be alive if not for the neglect on the part of another, the very same night. It's a cryin' shame. I wish Danny Glover and 80s Mel Gibson were the cops in this town.

No comments: