Thursday, February 9, 2012

Soul Windows







They say the eyes are the windows of the soul. I'm nearly blind in one eye and have worn spectacles since the tender age of five. What does that say of my soul? Protected by a screen of fog I guess. I'm waiting for a divine healing or birthday laser surgery, whichever comes first. An artist with poor eyesight? That's almost as unacceptable as a piano player with carpal tunnel syndrome. Sorry Evan.

I decided to take extreme close ups of our eyes so that you could feel like you really know us. I mean, how many people in your life do you see at pore-distance? Only your most intimate. It's a great trick utilized widely by cinematographers to make you connect with an actor without costly and time consuming "character development", especially when faced with the daunting task of adapting an entire book.

Think about it. How many movies begin with the character doing personal things, brushing teeth, putting on make-up, getting dressed. You glimpse them doing things only a lover would see and you feel close to them. Even cosmetic print ads are totally riveting, you see a flawless girl's face from a few inches and you can't tear your eyes away, even though you know it is photoshop'd and you have zero interest in plump lashes.

That being said, I totally love it. Do you feel like you just kissed my whole family or what?

4 comments:

Colby said...

I feel like I just made out with Evan, so, yes, thanks for that.

dustin gaudet said...

i'm still making out with him...

Shayla said...

You're welcome, you're welcome. I am good at sharing.

evan said...

Dustin, cut it out! I'm trying to write this comment!