Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Present

Ruby:
"Daddy, what happened to this bird?"

Evan:
"What are you talking about Sweetheart?"















Ruby, yelling:
"Flashdance! Did you bring us a present? That's really nice, but we can't touch it. 
We don't eat every bird, we only eat chickens with no heads.

Ruby, stroking kitty and whispering:
"Flashdance, why did you got a bird for us. 
Did you kill it? My daddy throwed it out. 
Can you say sorry? Can you kiss? 
Flashdog!"



















footnote: This is a mockingbird, the Texas state bird. So named for it's uncanny ability to mimic the calls of other feathered brethren.  It is illegal to kill one, so my little pet has broken the law to bring me this elegant snack. I wonder if her new found generosity has anything to do with the expensive all-meat kitty food I recently switched to...

No comments: