Thursday, June 7, 2012

JUNGLEMAN, a birthday


What can I say about my sweet Jesse? I can't believe he's already two and yet I can't believe I've only known him for two years. It's a constant wonder and delight to watch  his personality and tastes emerge, so very different from his sister's. He has a much shorter attention span for movies than she, but a much longer one for drawing. The other night he sat on my lap for an entire hour, colored pencil clasped in chubby hand painstakingly filling five sheets of paper with spidery lines until not one patch of space remained. I soaked up the satisfying warm weight of him, kissing his yellow head and peering over his little shoulder while imagining all of his future artistic conquerings as only proud mommies can.

He's talking more and more each day and it's too bad for Ruby because when he says "Betty. Hurt. Arm. Ouch. Band-aid!" with a teary voice I now am able to punish her properly. (he calls her Betty, cute weirdo) This also means he can say "I love you Mommy," or compliment my outfits "Pretty Mommy. Pretty red." Heart melting. He is turning into a really helpful little gentleman. I often catch him throwing trash away at home or even in the park and he's dedeuced what items in the house are most important to each of us and loves to plop them in our laps unprompted- pink blanket for Ruby, ipod for Evan, coffee or laptop (eek!) for mommy. He loves mimicking Ruby (today they dressed as mermaids), playing trains and making the stuffed animals hug each other. Swimming, books, kitties, car rides, tacos and wrestling with daddy.

We took him out for a festive birthday breakfast of banana nut pancakes and a short road trip to Hamilton Pool for a hiking and swimming adventure. He had the time of his life and so did we. I love you Jesse! You're the best little man I've ever met and I can't wait to see how you grow, just don't be too quick about it.

love,
Mami












2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Jungleman! You cutie patooty!

_bAs said...

Ouch, my heart. Happy birthday Jungleman :)