Wednesday, June 6, 2012

National Doughnut Day


Hello! I've just come home from 3 days at a lake house in the country, no phone, no internet, no boys. I co-hosted a bachelorette party and it was lovely. We had spicy foods, fancy drinks, bouts of lazy floating in the water, dance parties, coffee, many costume changes, a photo booth, a pup, and lots of laughs and games with flowers in our hair. A total success if I do say so myself.

We've had a wild week with the festival, Jesse's birthday, Evan in the studio and no mommy for the longest stretch we've ever attempted. I'm tired, but happy and grateful for all of our lovely friends who covered shifts, watched the kids, brought food, did dishes and just made it all come together. We are a lucky bunch to be loved by such folk.

Speaking of friends, we spent an afternoon with some of our favorites to celebrate National Doughnut Day. "National Doughnut Day is on the first Friday of June each year, succeeding the Doughnut Day event created by The Salvation Army in 1938 to honor the women who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I." I mean, who really needs a reason to eat fried bread drizzled with sugar, but I'll take it gladly. And so will that cheeky squirrel.












No comments: