Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Magnetic Personality

I saw these shiny beauties on a friend's fridge recently and promptly added them to my crafternoon list. So simple even simpletons say it is simply...ummm simple. Less Seuss, more coffee please.

I cranked these out in about an hour while Jeff Klein made us turkey stroganoff, and I only burned one finger.

What you'll need:

  • a bag of those clear glass thingys that look like melted marbles (found in the floral section of the craft store)
  • small round magnets (about the size of a thick dime)
  • a couple of magazines ( I used National Geographic)
  • a glue that dries clear (Modge Podge or acrylic gel)
  • hot glue gun
  • scissors

Flip through the magazine looking for small colorful patterns and cut out the ones that strike your fancy in circles just small enough to fit the flat side of the glass beads.
Use your clear glue to affix them face up and let dry for a few minutes.
Now stop howling at your kids to stay away from the hot glue gun and use it to attach the magnets to the underside of your beads-right onto the paper.
Admire your gemstone refrigerator and revel in your artistic prowess and supreme nerdiness.









3 comments:

Shauna said...

I have to do this..they look awesome!

Deterlou said...

Wonderful idea. It's got me to thinking of all the potential!

Falk's Creative Outlet said...

Pretty cool idea~