Sunday, April 15, 2012

Adding Monsters




Holy smokes this whole living life to it's fullest doesn't leave much time for computering. We've been super full throttle the last week or two, old friends visiting from New York and Mexico, filming a kickstarter video at the house to raise ducats for the new album, working, rehearsing, playing shows and dancing at shows. Even today we recorded a flashback sequence with Ruby and I in yet another old friend's film project, and it was funny watching footage of the actress who is supposed to be my grown up daughter.

Right now I should be writing my maid of honor speech for my sister's wedding THIS WEEKEND. We fly to Colorado in two days. I'm nervous and so excited. Hooray.......... Marriage! I highly recommend it.

I don't really remember what it was like to have free time but if I had some, I think I would:
  • take more showers
  • swim in more fresh water
  • lift up really big rocks and see what's under them
  • grow food
  • write books for children
  • add monsters to thrift store paintings like these kids did

3 comments:

Alison said...

I read the title and thought you were going to announce a new monster in your family. :)

Shayla said...

Yowza. I can see how you would think that, but thankfully we have no news of that sort right this second. I wanna have my next baby in a home in the country instead of a falling down rental in North Austin.

Shayla said...

Here's another awesome juxtaposition art project piecing muscular sailors from the 1950s into dainty homes of the same era:
http://nadineboughton.com/portfolios/collage2trueadventures/index-intro.html