Friday, September 9, 2011

4 Years and still Smoochin'







Today was our 4th wedding anniversary! We both forgot. Again. We ate ramen noodles for dinner and I went to work karaoke night while he did dishes and wrangled babies into bed. Luckily, our type of romance has nothing to do with spending money or dates on a calendar. I feel loved when he scoops up howling Jesse and tiptoes out of the room after I've pulled a late night, or when he places the last of the precious coffee in front of me, steaming in my favorite mug. I love sharing a cold one on the falling apart deck and splitting a single set of headphones as we quietly sneak a movie in bed while Jungleman sleeps. I really know he loves me when he changes Ruby's poison diapers, even though she is begging for "Mommy can do it".

I cherish our spicy brunches, our inside jokes, our love of books and hatred of sports. We enjoy wrestling with our magical offspring, board games, impromptu dinner parties, swimmin' holes, camping, reading, music, treasure hunting, traveling, and parenting. Evan may not be the perfect man, but he's the perfect man for ME.
I love yo a - -, Monkeyhead.

3 comments:

Shayla said...

Sari picture by Ali Hopson for MAWU PHOTOGRAPHY

Black and white picture by Felicia Graham for Feliciaphotos

Han Stoney said...

Oh beautiful, love it and love the fact that Evan looks like the cat that got the cream in all of these photos. I remember the first time I met him, all he did was tell me how wonderful you are. He sure does love you!

the hubby said...

oh, gag me with a spoon.