Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sister Sister

I don't mind being a little bit broke all the time, it is well worth it to have my chaotic musical art house, but when it prevents me from seeing my family it stabs below the belt. However, thanks to Brooke and her ability to log hours at the tech firm to support her creative nature, we just stole a sister weekend together!

Amber hasn't set foot in Austin since our wedding, and it was wonderful seeing her milky white Colorado self down here in the sunshine again. They were good sports about the wild imps leaping and tumbling into their bed in the morning, and even choked down the black tar Evan and I refer to as "coffee".

After a late night of playing Scruples and catching up, we made a spicy brunch of eggs and green sauce and I dragged them to the rock store to pick out some birthday presents. (I love rocks and started a collection "for Ruby" so I could have an excuse to stockpile the shiny beauties) Brooke chose a lovely pendant with a white stone and Ruby fell in love with a carved dancing bug inside a nut. I also didn't escape unadorned or my wallet unscathed. Naughty mommy!

We feasted on Pollo Regio, hung out with neighbors and Jesse and Evan had man time at the coffee shop. Later that night we slapped on some makeup and wended our way downtown. Yellow Jacket on the east side was both intimate enough to talk about love and busy enough to check out the pretty fashionistas and bearded bicycles on their garden patio. We traipsed around the block to the Liberty for fried beets with mayonnaise (amazing!) and didn't even get mugged, groped, or our car towed.
Successful Austining, Day 1!



2 comments:

_bAs said...

I finally figured out how to "follow" you. Here is to our glorious future - online and off :D

Shayla said...

Huzzah! You are my first comment. You win...free breakfast for life at the exclusive tables of Rubyjungle Cafe!