Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crafternoon: altered found photos and light

A present for Wolfie. Besides underwater themed art and photography, I also have a penchant for using light in art, glowing art, strange lamps, 6 foot ladies with light bulb heads.

When I saw these pieces utilizing vintage photographs AND light, I knew I had to try to make something like it. This was my first attempt and as you can see, somewhat poorly executed, but still pretty satisfying.

I plan to find the perfect photo incorporating water and people, have it printed on a huge canvas, then shine lights through it so that I have  an entire beautiful wall. I already made a large piece like this on a movie set to act as a romantic headboard for a steamy love scene but it only featured cherry blossoms.

I think a photo of actual people staring out of the past illuminated will be much more interesting, though slightly less *cough erotic.





No comments: