Sunday, October 2, 2011

Taco Party


Is it a blogworthy event when we eat out? I guess so, especially when the place serves piping hot 3 dollar breakfast plates, horchata, and new friends soaked in morning sunshine.

We bumped in to one of Evan's old friends at Cheko's, the neighborhood salsa hole and discovered that we have all been quite busy and now possess dimpled matchy families.

Being married with kids has changed the way I make friends, in the past if I met a cool girl or cute boy I would simply invite them to my punk rock kickball game every Sunday and see if they could wear a pair of shorts, get dirty and laugh well. Now we pick up fashionable families over machacado beef and make plans for s'mores and play dates.

I like it, but wouldn't life be grander if we did it like Ruby? Catch the eyes of a kindred spirit, throw your arms around their neck, and laugh until you fall on the floor.