Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Night Rider

We have just returned from a night adventure. It finally got to me that Ruby can't practice her bicycle because we live on a busy street without sidewalks, and watching her gamely drag it through the dead grass was becoming pitiful.

I tossed those babies in the car and went to the only place I knew of that was clean, fenced, and smoothly paved: the high school tennis courts.

We whooped and scurried, took turns crashing the trike, stretched on our backs upon the still warm green cement and let the cool breeze blow over us while considering the moon and pink clouds.

Sure, the nearby joggers thought we were psychopaths but who cares what they think?! They RUN FOR FUN. I mean, who does that? I'll take bonding under cover of darkness with my monsters any day.

Speaking of Night Rider, I always used to want the theme song to play every time I walked into a room, but how immature of me! Now I want Duke Ellington to play every time I walk into a room. In slow motion with my hair blowing of course:
Blue Pepper (Far East of The Blues)



















































No comments: