Friday, October 7, 2011

"Tacks, the Boy Disaster" BAND OF THE YEAR





Having a blog is awesome because you can get away with grandiose titles like this one. It will be true on a more public scale someday, or my name ain't "Mommmmyyyy".











This band is Evan's baby. He writes the songs and lyrics, arranges quite a few of the parts, sings all the lead vocals, plays piano, keyboards, synthesizer, a smattering of guitar and drums and records and mixes everything himself. The lost family evenings together in sacrifice for their new album is multitudinous but it is tantalizingly close to blessed completion. We have adopted two new members since the record was started, displacing one to anarchy and another to Harvard (hopefully he'll be back). Though the fans are wondering if Tacks is still kicking I know everyone is in for a treat when I hear the beautiful sounds filtering through the studio doors into my kitchen.

Meet Kyle. Drums, coffee, fish, garden vegetables and great hair.









Alán. Bass, funk, bicycle, synth, melodica, backing vocals and fashion sense.

Jake. Guitar, guitar faces, impeccably clean house, backing vocals, irresistible to coeds.

I love these guys. Talent abounds and much laughing, in between making beautiful songs of course. They are the only dudes I will consent to let my husband have a "relationship" with, because being in a band is very like being in a marriage I think. When Evan plays with other bands I have a vague and ridiculous feeling that he is being unfaithful to us, me and the boys.

I have embedded a live video of one of the new songs which is the only sneak peek I'm allowed to give you, hope you enjoy and stay tuned for more!








































*live performance "smell of the pines" (evan doesn't like this one because the fish eye lens makes him look all neck) but it is one of my favorites -mawu photography

*band photo by Ali at mawuphotography
*photo of Evan and mountain by Jeff Klein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It gives us more. The fans. We needs it.