Friday, September 28, 2012

Eyeball Feasting Fashion


The club in which I work used to do big fashion shows all the time, and though everyone took it VERY seriously, it always felt kinda smalltown even coming from my limited background of the Houston modelling industry. I guess Austin is finally a city now because I'm hightailing it out of here, and we're finally getting the whisperings of a credible fashion name.

My dad considered going into the fashion industry because he had a knack for design and my mom dabbled in jewelry inventions so I genetically had no chance of escaping the secret love of fashion. I've just discovered this Austin based designer and am taken with her vintage fabrics and shimmery laces. My eyes feel fat from feasting.

"Dawn Younger-Smith, former model, muse, and make-up artist to the stars, is the artist behind the line Boudoir Queen. After years of working in the fashion industry as a make up artist and developing her own cosmetics line, Poor Little Rich Girl, her sense of style and affinity for the past turned her to designing her own vintage inspired pieces. In 1997, the Boudoir Queen brand was born, and Dawn began creating ’20s and ’30s-inspired pieces using vintage fabrics."

Read the rest and see more lovely pictures at atxstreetstyle.





No comments: